TREKPERU is a professional, licensed trek and tour agency based in Cusco, Peru, the land of the Incas with its intriguing history. We have been one of Peru’s leading tour operators since 1986 servicing tourist from all over the world. The Peruvian Ministry of Tourism has nominated us as one of Peru’s best agencies for the past six years. TREKPERU offers an assortment of adventurous treks and exciting tour packages in Peru specially designed to appeal to most visitor's budgets and that doesn`t have a negative impact on the environment or adversely affect local communities. Because of our numerous years of experience, expertise and understanding what our customer’s desire, we can offer competitive prices without undermining the quality of service. Find your perfect trip in Peru with us and let us do all the preparations for you so you can relax and enjoy your vacation with no hassles. TREKPERU employs professional and qualified office staff and tour guides who take pride in working and sharing their history with people from around the world. Join us for the time of your life in Peru. We are at your service with a smile and satisfaction guaranteed.
Read reviews by our satisfied clients by clicking on Trip adivsor
Why Choose TREKPERU?
- Because all our treks are only and strictly operated by TREKPERU and its very professional staff. Other agents claiming daily departures operate their treks jointly with other companies in service rotation without your knowledge. TREKPERU offers quality service and has an excellent reputation that is only possible by ensuring that only Trekperu staff operates its treks.
- For the reason that we treat our staff, including chefs, porters and wranglers with the utmost respect and fairness. TREKPERU not only complies with the Porter Law and Regulation, but our wages are over the minimum requested by law and above the average paid by most tour operators. Furthermore, all our staff eats well and more than enough and they are provided with all the required camping equipment needed for their duties during the trek. We also cover them with travelers insurance.
- We carefully choose the best professional guides for our clients and our guides work exclusively for TREKPERU. They are highly trained, have excellent language proficiency, communication skills, and cultural awareness and are regularly evaluated by the trip reports each guest fills in after each service. We have special guides for special requests (ornithology, history and archaeology, flora and fauna and also generalist guides). All our guides have been trained in advanced first aid by certified Doctors in Peru. We also have guides proficient in several languages besides English and Spanish, including French, Italian, German, Chinese and Japanese. On all of our treks, not only on the Inca Trail, there will be a guide for every 8 guests with one of them being the head guide ensuring the utmost safety and undivided attention to our guests versus other operators.
- We use innovative equipment in the field that is checked and renewed every year, utilizing top brand and performance tents, surgical steel vaiselle for best hygiene, best water filters, therm-a-rest inflatable thick sleeping pads, among others.
- Another reason is we have one of the most outstanding meal services in the field in the area: Our chefs have been highly trained by several institutes in Lima, and Cusco. They have learned the HACCP method and their operation ensures maximum hygiene. Above all, be prepared to not only have a superb trekking experience but also a culinary one, including generous and delicious breakfasts, snacks, lunches, tea services and dinners. Our delectable menus include a variety of Peruvian and international food and also cater for vegetarian and other dietary needs, at no extra cost. TREKPERU is recognized for its gourmet meals, the quantity and quality of food, and its freshness.
- TREKPERU performs responsibly making sure to cause a low impact on the environment of the natural protected areas where it operates. We train all our staff in our environment policy and most importantly, all trash produced during the trek returns to Cusco..
- We pay legal taxes (19% IGV or consumption tax) on all services contributing to the country’s growth and development. Further to this, we pay a 30% tax on all earnings. There are many tour operators who do not pay taxes and do not declare neither their sales nor most of their earnings, or declare them with a lower value, giving them the possibility of lowering their prices causing unfair, illegal competition.
- Our Group Services have a maximum group size of 8, whereas most tour operators work with a maximum of 16 on the Inca Trail, since this is authorized by law, or even higher on other trekking routes. We have established 8 as a maximum since this increases the quality of our service, as there are definitely spots along the treks where being 16 makes it impossible to provide a personalized service and explanation.
- Also, our superb treatment to our staff is not reduced in the low season: porter and chef wages are maintained, same as guide fees, which is something highly appreciated by our staff, since some operators prefer to decrease their prices and wages as they know that they do not have much demand for work as in the high season. In essence we maintain salaries all year around as the work remains the same.
- Finally, because TREKPERU strives to provide top quality service to its cliental and will continue to listen to their comments on how to improve our services and take it to a higher level. Our clients are extremely satisfied as our numerous testimonials prove. Please read their trip reports on the Testimonials section of our website and also on Tripadvisor.
We are aware that other operators may offer the Inca Trail or other programs at a lower price. This does not mean they are offering the same program at a lower price: the level of service will not be the same. We understand price is definitely an issue but we kindly request our potential guests and clients to choose a responsible tour operator as otherwise, you risk to be indirectly promoting the exploitation of rural communities and the growth of informal and illegal operators that do not build on the country’s development and growth.
Our goal is to guarantee your Safety and to show you a fabulous, memorable time in Peru!!! You are not just clients that we meet briefly but our dear friends who come a long way to share our culture and history!!!
Thank you for choosing TREKPERU as your preferred Travel Agency in Peru....