5 days / 4 nights
Cusco Machu Picchu
Easy – Moderate
Take pleasure in a tour of the Inca city of Cusco and then the Sacred Valley of the Incas. The express Inca Trail is for people with little time and that don`t want to camp out in the wilderness but still enjoy a hike of 5-6 hours to Machu Picchu. Take pleasure in visiting the archaeological sites of Wiñaywayna, and enter Intipunku Sungate, the gateway into Machu Picchu. Visit the astounding Machu Picchu where you will feel the energy of the supernatural at the complex while enjoying an informative exciting tour of the sanctuary.
Please consider purchasing the inca permits at least 2 to 3 months in advance.
Day 1 Arrive in Cusco – City Tour
Private Service only with a minimum of 2 persons.
Day 1 Arrive in Cusco – City Tour
Arrive in Cusco airport and our staff will be waiting to transfer you to your hotel. Rest and enjoy an early lunch. In the afternoon we will start the tour of the city of the Incas. Walk on the cobble stone streets visiting the Cathedral in the Plaza de Armas and Qoricancha (Inca Sun Temple). Afterwards, drive above the city, to visit the ruins of Sacsayhuaman, Q’enqo, Pucapucara and Tambomachay. Return to Cusco.
Overnight in Cusco
No meals included
Note: If you choose Private Service (more expensive but worth it) – Pick your departure time, exclusive visit to the Central San Pedro Market where the locals shop, at your pace, and drop off at your hotel.
Day 2 Full Day Sacred Valley
In the morning we will take off from your hotel and drive to the Sacred Valley of the Incas. Our first visit will be of the Pisac ruins (2972m/9751ft) admiring the numerous agricultural terraces and the ruins. Then drive down to the town of Pisac and shop in the artisan market with many stalls selling many colorful handicrafts. Thereafter, we drive to Urubamba to have a delicious buffet lunch. After lunch, we continue to one of the original Inca towns of Ollantaytambo (2792m/9160ft) built by the Inca Pachacutec. Visit the archeological site which has many structures such as the Temple of the Sun and more. Our final visit will be of the quaint town of Chinchero (3772m/12375ft) with the remains of what was the royal hacienda of Tupac Inca Yupanqui, as well as a beautiful colonial temple built on Inca foundations. Return to Cusco.
Overnight in Cusco
Breakfast and lunch included
Note: If you choose Private Service (more expensive but worth it) – Pick your departure time, exclusive visit of the Awanacancha weaving center, Pisac sun temple, and enjoy the have a more in depth visit of the ruins, stops for pictures, and at your pace.
Day 3 Short Inca Trail – km104 – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes (Mahupicchu Town)
Early train from Cusco or Sacred Valley to the trailhead at km 104 at Chachabamba (2100m/6888ft) to start the hike. This moderate walk takes us to Wiñaywayna (2740m/8990ft) for a visit of the Incan ruins. Then continue to Sungate (IntiPunku) to catch the first spectacular views of Machu Picchu below. After a few pictures we will walk down to take the bus to Machu Picchu village for an overnight in a comfortable hostel.
Overnight in Aguas Calientes
Meal: Box lunch
Day 4 Machu Picchu Tour – Cusco
Early morning rise to Machu Picchu by bus and enjoy a professional guided walking tour of the magical archaeological marvel of the world. Tour the sacred temples and admire the terraces and surrounding views. Afterwards, take the bus down to Machu Picchu town to eat lunch (on your own) before taking the train to the Poroy train station. Private transfer to your hotel in Cusco.
Optional extra cost: Huayna Picchu (must book at least 4 months in advance) or Machupicchu Mountain Peak
Day 5 Cusco – Lima
Today transfer out to the airport for your flight to Lima or other destination.
- Transfer IN/OUT Cusco
- Cusco and Sacred Valley tours + Entrance ticket to ruins
- Hotel in Cusco: 3 nights
- Trek briefing with your guide.
- Bilingual guide (English-Spanish)
- Inca trail permit and entrance fees to Machu Picchu.
- All meals on the itinerary (B= Breakfast BL= Box lunch). Vegetarian, vegan and gluten free meals on request at no extra cost.
- Tourist trainto Km104 + from Aguas Calientes to Poroy station.
- Hostel in Aguas Calientes 1 night
- Bus tickets: 1 way from Machupicchu to Aguas Calientes + next day round trip bus from Aguas Calientes to Machupicchu ruins.
- First-aid kit and oxygen for the first day.
Services NOT included:
- Domestic flights. (we can book for you)
- Travel and health insurance.
- Entrance Ticket to Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain Peak
- Any unexpected situations occurred during the journey and which are beyond our control, including changes in scheduling trains or flights, delays, strikes, cancellations, missed connections, etc.. shall be covered by the passenger as a whole. Also, if you for physical reasons of health cannot continue the trek or walk, and will need emergency evacuation then all charges incurred such as transportation, hotel, ambulance, doctors, medication, hospitalization, etc.. will be at passenger’s expense. For all of these reasons, we recommend taking out travel and health insurance to be able to cover these costs. This is money well invested! Of course, Trekperu will assist in obtaining all necessary documents for you to be refunded by your insurance company.
- Personal items like individual gear, room services, medicines, laundry, telephone calls, airline excess luggage charges, visa fees, vaccinations, etc.
- Walking Pole set $20.
- Extra Porter to carry your backpack for the 6 hours trek